Sunday, August 06, 2006

ugh..

my brother continues to make my life easier by making it damn near impossible to be the disappointing child. we're still stomaching the second wife thing..but I belief this new stint has triumped it all.

well, i'll preface the whole story by saying NO, I don't enjoy being in Cincinnati so much that I just *had* to run home for the 3rd time this summer. In fact, i came on Tuesday but didn't plan on coming until Sunday. Why? Because my mother informed me that my brother, sister in law & four of the children would be here. I haven't seen them in over a year and I want to be an active part of there lives..you know, the cool aunt. Plus the last time I saw my niece Amirah she was still a new born and she didn't look like anything yet.

Well, today is Sunday. I'm leaving tomorrow and I've been here since Tuesday. I have not seen my nieces and nephews. Normally they stay with us but this time they'd insisted that there other arrrangements would suffice..the United nation of Islam housing. Actually, I suppose it's important to note that they were here for the children to do something described as like a summer camp and for thier mother to take classes. It sounded nice at first, the kids are home schooled so tey definately needed the interaction with other children and thier mom could certainly use a break.

HOWEVER... Tuesday when I got here my sister in law informs me that they have tight schedules and she doesn't think I'll be able to see them until Sunday (but that's the only reason I'm here..). I grin and bear it but of course my mother isn't feeling that (my dad is over it completely). She calls my SIL back and reminds her that I only came to see them and asks her to make an exception. She says Wednesday looks good, seeing as how they will be finished with there task at 2.

Wednesday, noting. We called once and left a message as to not appear desperate. Mom & I decided to enjoy our time together and stop thinking about them.

I did..

But now it's Sunday. I'll be gone tomorrow. I want to see my fucking neices and nephews. My dad calls my brother to ask all of the important questions.. "can we just go by and see them?", "are we allowed to go sit with them at the (UNOI) diner?", "why didn't you inform us that this would be like this? lauren wouldn't have wasted the money to come here", "can we talk to them on the phone? can we go past and just wave, damn?"

nothing.

they aren't allowed company and have to request permission to leave.

Jim jones?

Anyway, I did get to spend some quality time with my first and only first cousin, Julian. He's 8 months I think & while he hasn't started walking, he can swim.











Speaking of which, I think I'm going to go tan.

lauren alyse belle at 8:11 AM

2comments

2 Comments

at 12:20 PM Blogger aflakete the wunderkid said...

hmmmm..

 
at 5:26 PM Blogger the young people's professor said...

beautiful photo!

 

Post a Comment