Tuesday, July 18, 2006

for whatever reason, i have had no interest in writing in this thing lately.

maybe it's because i got a virus which wiped my whole shit out, yousendit me an album & i'll love you long time. for now i'm listening to myspace music pages and trying not to cry. even more depressing is all of the pictures i've lost. now i'll never be able to prove that i haven't had short hair my whole life, i have seen the tower lean in pisa, the schloss where the sound of music was filmed is just as lovely in the film as 'twas with me on the steps, and i suppose the most important picture missing from my archives is one totally incriminating photo of my dear afrotrash.

speaking of which, today was supposed to be the date of his visa appointment and subsequent beginning of the life of an *immigrant here in the states. since i'm on here rather than primping my whole existance, you can assume he didn't make it. of course this came as no surprise, i was advised well in advance that it just was not possible, so it's more like the anniversary of the death of a relative, a date you realize and have a quick moment about, than some day of great disappointment. honestly, this has muchado with why i haven't blogged, i've been feeling slightly overwhelmed with a lot of things, perhaps per usual, and didn't want to make emo blogs.

well, my dear sisters and brothers, i'm here to tell you that I am NOT emo. Not today at least. Sure being in a long distance relationship sucks but it's not like I'm going anywhere. he's not some jump off, you know?

at any rate, the other contributing factor that's been disrupting my blogging is my philosophy class. it's way too intense and difficult, something to be expected when they merge a semesters worth of work into 3 short weeks. i was really in for a surprise when i realized this dude expected so much shit.. i'm talking pop quizes, typed 2 page prompts for homework daily..sometimes along with other assignments, three 10 page essays, two 5 page position papers, in class debates, summaries, and finally, 2 test. I hardly feel like I have a moment to think about anything else.

gosh.

I'm counting on august.
ever read the secret life of bees? she was my favorite month.

* i was tempted to say (whispering) illegal immigrant but i'm not convinced the patriot act won't make me a victim. you know, i've rented and borrowed some pretty interesting films and books and it certainly doesn't help that i am/was muslim. so, bush, if you're reading this, rock on.

lauren alyse belle at 8:17 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment